"The process failed to start."
If you are unable to start the game, and the error message "The process failed to start." appears, the issue may be antivirus software blocking LifeTO. Please note that LifeTO is not malicious software, but is detected as such due to the packing software we use to protect our code.
To resolve this issue, please add an exception to the LifeTO game folder, and then add
Trickster.bin to your antivirus' exception list. If your antivirus is not listed below, try searching for "add folder exclusion to <antivirus>" on your favorite search engine.
Windows Defender is the default antivirus starting from Windows 8. If you have not installed another antivirus software, you should follow these instructions:
- Open Start and search for Windows Security. On some systems, this may just be Windows Defender.
- Click Virus & threat protection
- Click Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings
- Under Exclusions, click Add or remove exclusions.
- Click Add an exclusion and select Folder.
- Browse to the folder that LifeTO is stored in and select it.
- Close the window and re-run the LifeTO launcher.
- Click Check Files, and attempt to start the game again.